COVER STORIES: Celebrating Tournament Program Cover Art
"In 1947, Bing Crosby brought his annual gathering of golf-loving friends & celebrities to the Monterey Peninsula. In each of the ensuing 63 years, the Crosby clambake, rechristened a 1/4-century ago as the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, has proudly presented original artwork on the souvenir program covers. These works by local and world-renowned artists show and tell the story of a golf tournament that has grown into one of the PGA Tour's premier events while maintaining it's uniquely intimate feel and collegial spirit. And although the limitations of a printed page cannot do justice to the people or the place, this collection weaves a rich tapestry of this singular and celebrated occasion." ~ attpbgolf.com
- Forward by Clint Eastwood; Chairman of the Board Monterey Peninsula Foundation.
- Suzanne Yost McCourt was invited by Ollie Nutt, former CEO Monterey Peninsula Foundation to create the 25th Anniversary of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am cover art.
- Suzanne became the first female artist to be honored to create the program cover art landing in the clubhouse of artist icons Hank Ketcham, Charles Schultz, Dedini, Leroy Neiman, et al. since 1947.
- All in The Family: Dick Yost, her dad, played in many Crosby's from 1950's -70's, The Master's, 1955 Walker Cup Team, The Morse Cup Teams (© Pebble Beach Heritage Collection The Official Golf History, by Neal Hotelling), and many more.
© 2009 Monterey Peninsula Foundation, Publisher: Insight Edition
- Monterey Peninsula Foundation staff, led by Amanda Evans, produced this gorgeous publication.
- Original program art just made the 2010 deadline! I don't mind being the LAST page!
- I'm still in awe residing within pages of other artistic icons of cartoonists, fine artists, illustrators representing 63 years of golf @ this well loved Pebble Beach event.
- OFFICIAL Program Cover Art 2010 25th Anniversary of The AT&T along Badges & Tickets
- Last minute insertion of Dustin Johnson foretells his win of the Challis made 2 months prior to actual win.
- Dustin lands in history books as being in the elite club of only 5 back-to-back winners of the event.
Feature Article: Winter Issue 2008:
“Inspired by The Crosby & Dennis The Menace”
- Cartoons from Ketcham to Yost kids 1971.
- Suzanne met Hank in art class 37 years after her father's friendship with Hank @ The Crosby.
- Pen Pal letters ensued to 2001 with supportive comments about her soon to be new Guitar Man series.
Southwest Art Magazine
"A Portfolio of Winners"
The Artist’s Magazine 29th Annual Juried Art Competition
January Issue 2013
The Artist’s Magazine
29th Annual Juried Art Competition
December Issue 2012
*Finalist - “Fore The Match"
International Artist Magazine
“What Makes A Powerful Painting?
Challenge #4: Your Favorite Subject
Aug/Sept 2001 Issue #21; page 8
- Juried from 1500 entries & 15 countries worldwide.
- Awards given: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place & 10 Honorable Mention.
- Award: Honorable Mention - Title: “Guitar Man: Blues Guitar”
The Artist’s Magazine
- 23rd Annual Juried Art Competition
- December Issue 2006
- Feature Article: Holiday Issue 2005
- "Taking Note"
Encore Art Group; Canadian Art Prints & Winn Devon
Fine Art Representation & Publisher: Vancouver, BC
“Guitar Man: Blues Guitar
Santa Cruz Sentinel
The Artist’s Corner: “The Artist" 2-page feature
by Wallace Baine July 2001
International Import/Export/Manufacturer Art Supplies
Christmas Catalogue Cover (2000, 1994)
General Catalogue Cover (1996)